iLs equipment takes sound therapy to a new level of efficacy by combining advanced psychoacoustics with visual and balance activities that are performed while listening. The result is a series of patent-pending multi-sensory programs available to clinicians, educators and at-home users:
iLs Pillow™ - delivers bone-conducted music for those too young or too sensitive to wear headphones
iLs Focus™ Series – professional systems implemented in clinic, school and home
iLs Kick Start™ – home follow-up to clinic programs
iLs Interactive Language Program™ – language and auditory processing
For years, iLs’ clinical programs have benefited from the regulating and calming effect of bone conducted music. The iLs Pillow brings these same qualities in a form which can be utilized by those too young or too sensitive to wear headphones.
Applications for all ages
- Reduce stress and improve sleep
- De-sensitize those with auditory sensitivity
- Headphone-free acclimation to sound; preparing wait-list clients for therapy
- Supplement to clinic programs or as a stand-alone home program
- Built in dual bone conductors
Training Requirements: none
The Focus Series consists of several separate products – Total Focus, Focus Desktop, Focus 200, Focus Learning and Focus Sensory - which have clinic-level efficacy but are designed for home as well as professional use. The Focus Series allows clinicians and educators to select specific iLs programs to be loaded onto the iPod for their clients’ needs.
- Sensory Motor
- Reading/Auditory Processing
- Optimal Performance for teens/adults
- Interactive Language Activities
- Calming/Preparatory mini‐Program
All Focus systems are sold complete with the following:
- iLs Programs loaded onto an Apple iPod
- Sennheiser headphones custom-fitted with bone conduction capability
- iLs mini-amplifier with adjustable air and bone conduction volume
- Frequency filtration from 0-4KHz; dynamically controlled gating
- Integration Kit and Playbook for visual motor and balance activities
- Custom rechargeable amplifier for up to 8 hours of continual use
- Beltpack – adjustable for children and adults
- iLs Carrying Case
Training Requirements: Clinicians and educators are required to complete the Practitioner Training Course or Distance Practitioner Training Course before purchasing or using the Focus Series equipment.
The difference between the Total Focus and the Focus 200 is the number of programs they hold.
The Total Focus comes with all four programs listed above: Sensory Motor, Concentration & Attention, Reading/Auditory Processing and Optimal Performance. The Focus 200 includes a choice of two programs, out of the four. The Focus Sensory comes pre-loaded with Sensory Motor & Calming/Prep Programs, the Focus Learning comes with Reading/Auditory Processing & Calming/Prep Program.
The Kick Start is designed for home use as a follow-up, or supplement, to clinic programs.
- 12-week program which can be shortened or lengthened per user needs
- progresses gradually through the sensory motor, speech/language, and integration bandwidths
- 4GB Nano
- Sennheiser DH-203 air conduction headphones
- Integration Kit for visual motor and balance activities while listening; Playbook user guide includes graphics and descriptions to help users do the movement activities that complement the listening component
- the program is designed with the same care and attention as our bone conduction systems, using the high-quality music processing techniques for which iLs is known
iLs Interactive Language Program™
The Interactive Language Program is designed to help children and adults improve various auditory processing skills such as phonemic awareness, auditory memory, auditory figure gound and dichotic listening. The equipment is purchased separately from the iLs listening systems listed above. Interactive Language Program equipment training is covered in both the Practitioner Training Course and Advanced Practitioner Training Course.
The 10 functional exercises in the program are played from an iPod Touch. The volume for both the listener and the monitor (teacher or therapist) is controlled through an iLs amplifier and headphone system. The activities are presented in gradually increasing levels of difficulty, and a worksheet allows one to track performance and focus in on specific areas that need improvement.
Included components are:
- iPod Touch loaded with language activitiesiLs Interactive Language Amplifier
- Built‐in video camera for pre/post videotaping
- Built‐in audio for recording voice changes
- Microphone & Stand
- Air/bone conduction headphones with 15‐foot cable
- Air conduction monitoring headphones (for instructor)
Training Requirements: Professionals may purchase the Interactive Language Program after completing the Practitioner Training Course (Distance or On-Site), Advanced Practitioner Training Course, Interactive Language and Direct Auditory Feedback or Functional Language Course.
Integration Kit & Playbook
The Total Focus, Focus 200, Focus Sensory, Focus Learning and Kick Start include all equipment necessary for iLs’ Visual‐Balance‐Coordination Program, implemented with the Integration Kit (pictured right) ‐ balls, bean bags, balance board & Playbook guide for visual/vestibular activities. These enhance the efficacy of the listening component, and in the case of the Kick Start provide important vestibular stimulation which is not provided by the headsets. (All iLs systems except the Kick Start have bone conduction, an effective vestibular stimulator, built into the headsets.) The balance activities help compensate for the lack of bone conduction in the Kick Start, improving results significantly. The Integration Kit and Playbook are sold only in conjunction with iLs listening systems, and are not available separately.