If you are looking for an iLs-trained therapist, search by state in the iLs directory.
If you are having difficulty locating a therapist, or are interested in using iLs at home, please contact iLs for assistance.
iLs is a multi-sensory program for improving brain function. It is an enjoyable activity, or “exercise”, which can be customized for all ages and skill levels for implementation in clinic, school or home.
Based on clinically proven outcomes, iLs programs strengthen existing pathways and create new neural connections/pathways in the brain (“neuroplasticity”). As these neurological connections grow stronger, language skills and emotional/psychological functions, such as self-confidence and regulation, also tend to improve.
- Program sessions are .5 – 1 hour in length, 3-5 times per week
- Most home programs are a total of 40-60 sessions over a 2-4 month period
- iLs home programs are for any age over 2; the movement component of iLs is customizable for any developmental age
- Typically, a waist pack is worn by the user, carrying an iPod loaded with iLs treated music; headphones are connected to the music source to enable listening while moving
- Visual tracking and balance games are combined with listening for part of each session, while quiet activities combined with listening fill the remainder of the time.
- Each unit can be customized for individual needs (e.g. sensory motor, attention, reading/auditory processing)