iLs equipment takes sound therapy to a new level of efficacy by combining advanced psychoacoustics with visual and balance activities that are performed while listening. The result is a series of patent-pending multi-sensory programs available to clinicians, educators and at-home users:
- iLs Dreampad™- relaxes the body and the mind – reduces stress & improves sleep
- iLs Focus™ Series – professional systems implemented in clinic, school and home
- iLs Kick Start™ – language and auditory processing
- iLs Interactive Language Program™ – language and auditory processing
For training specifics, visit our Training page.
For equipment pricing, contact iLs via our inquiry form or call us at 303-741-4544.
iLs selects primarily classical music based on a number of criteria including dynamic range, frequency content, melody, tempo, harmony and rhythm. Once selected, the music is processed by iLs using proprietary methods which have been refined over years of clinical application. The various programs on the iLs Total Focus differ in the way they are processed, each one specifically designed to address different therapeutic objectives. The programs are gentle and enjoyable; and, yes, children of all ages are receptive to the music!
The Dreampad™ delivers music through gentle, calming vibration which only you can hear. The process brings about a relaxation response from the body and mind which has been aptly described as a “massage to the nervous system.”
Applications for all ages
- Reduce stress
- Improve sleep
- Decrease sensory hypersensitivity
The Focus Series consists of three products – Total Focus, Focus Desktop and Focus 200 – which have clinic-level efficacy but are designed for home as well as professional use. The Focus Series allows clinicians and educators to select specific iLs programs to be loaded onto the iPod for their clients’ needs.
- Sensory Motor
- Reading/Auditory Processing
- Optimal Performance for teens/adults
- Interactive Language Activities
- Calming/Preparatory mini‐Program
All Focus systems are sold complete with the following:
- iLs Programs loaded onto an Apple iPod
- Sennheiser headphones custom-fitted with bone conduction capability
- iLs mini-amplifier with adjustable air and bone conduction volume
- Frequency filtration from 0-4KHz; dynamically controlled gating
- Integration Kit and Playbook for visual motor and balance activities
- Custom rechargeable amplifier for up to 8 hours of continual use
- Beltpack – adjustable for children and adults
- iLs Carrying Case
The Kick Start is designed for home use as a follow-up, or supplement, to clinic programs.
- 12-week program which can be shortened or lengthened per user needs
- progresses gradually through the sensory motor, speech/language, and integration bandwidths
- 4GB Nano
- Sennheiser DH-203 air conduction headphones
- Integration Kit for visual motor and balance activities while listening; Playbook user guide includes graphics and descriptions to help users do the movement activities that complement the listening component
- the program is designed with the same care and attention as our bone conduction systems, using the high-quality music processing techniques for which iLs is known
The Interactive Language Program is designed to help children and adults improve various auditory processing skills such as phonemic awareness, auditory memory, auditory figure ground and dichotic listening. The equipment is purchased separately from the iLs Systems listed above. Interactive Language Program equipment training is covered in the Practitioner Training Course, Interactive Language Program Course and Advanced Practitioner Training Course.
The 10 functional exercises in the program are played from an iPod Touch through the iLs Desktop Amplifier which controls the volume for both the listener and the monitor (teacher or therapist). The activities are presented in gradually increasing levels of difficulty, and a worksheet allows one to track performance and focus in on specific areas that need improvement.
Included components are:
- iPod Touch loaded with language activities, iLs Desktop Amplifier
- Built‐in video camera for pre/post videotaping
- Built‐in audio for recording voice changes
- Microphone, stand and docking station
- Air/bone conduction headphones with 15‐foot cable
- Air conduction monitoring headphones (for instructor)
Professionals may purchase the Interactive Language Program after completing the Practitioner Training Course (Distance or On-Site), Advanced Practitioner Training Course or Interactive Language Program Course.
The Total Focus, Focus 200, Focus Sensory, Focus Learning and Kick Start include all equipment necessary for iLs’ Visual‐Balance‐Coordination Program, implemented with the Integration Kit (pictured right) ‐ balls, bean bags, balance board & Playbook guide for visual/vestibular activities. These enhance the efficacy of the listening component, and in the case of the Kick Start provide important vestibular stimulation which is not provided by the headsets. (All iLs systems except the Kick Start have bone conduction, an effective vestibular stimulator, built into the headsets.) The balance activities help compensate for the lack of bone conduction in the Kick Start, improving results significantly. The Integration Kit and Playbook are sold only in conjunction with iLs listening systems, and are not available separately.
- Microphone, Stand and Docking Station