iLs offers these training courses:
- Practitioner Training Course (PTC, 1-Day)
- Distance version of the 1-Day Practitioner Training Course (DPTC)
- Regístrese para la Capacitación en Español
- Advanced Training Course (ATC, 3 ½ – Days)
- Interactive Language Program Course (ILPC)
- Home Supervision Training Course (HSTC)
All courses are designed for professionals working with children and adults in the areas of learning & attention difficulties, sensory integration, auditory processing and the autism spectrum.
PRICING: For course pricing, group discounts, etc.: contact us
I. Practitioner Training Course (PTC)
Registration Criteria:undergraduate degree or equivalent in health care, education or other related area. Requests for exceptions to this criterium are considered on an individual basis.
To register for a course, click on the location on the training schedule.
Course Content & Objectives
- Understanding the key elements that inform iLs methodology
- Reviewing relevant neuro-anatomy of the ear, brain and nervous system
- Hands-on practicum for the auditory, visual and balance components of iLs
- Discussion of iLs’ music processing and program design
- Case study practice in combining programs and individualizing iLs
- Review of clinical assessment tools for program selection
- Integrating iLs into a clinical practice or school setting, including home use
II. Distance Practitioner Training Course (DPTC)
Registration Criteria: undergraduate degree or equivalent in health care, education or other related area. Requests for exceptions to this criterium are considered on an individual basis.
Course Content & Process: The DPTC content is the same as the PTC with the exception of the hands-on practice. The process of the DPTC is as follows:
1. Trainee registers online and is able to download the training materials immediately via the registration confirmation e-mail. Study materials will be mailed to trainees within the US and Canada. The DPTC registration is valid for one year.
2. Trainee completes the reading, watches the videos and completes the written quiz.
3. Trainee sends completed quiz to iLs by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (303-399-3418) and selects a DT webinar & conference call date (which are available on the Course Materials Page). The webinar/conference call will take approximately 2 hours and utilizes both Adobe Connect and a conference phone call.
4. After successfully completing the Distance Practitioner Training Course, the new Associate is awarded a Practitioner Certification and access to the Associate store, where they can purchase iLs systems.
III. Advanced Training Course (ATC)
Registration Criteria: (1) successful completion of the Practitioner Training Course (PTC) or the Distance Practitioner Training Course (DPTC), (2) an undergraduate degree or equivalent in health care, education or other related area, and (3) two years of experience in the learner’s field. Requests for exceptions to these criteria are considered on an individual basis.
- Training on the neuroanatomy of the ear and brain; the role of movement and sound
- Review of assessments for measuring change in clients
- Protocols for individualized listening therapy programs
- Multiple case studies: discussion and analysis
- Hands-on review of all iLs equipment, including both Pro and Total Focus
- Interactive Language Program review/practice
To register for a course, click on the location name below.
2013 ADVANCED CERTIFICATION TRAINING DATES
|Jul 17 – 20 Wed – Sat — Denver, CO|
|Oct 2 – 5 Wed – Sat — Denver, CO|
IV. Interactive Language Program Course
The Interactive Language Program is designed to help children and adults improve speech, language and auditory processing skills, such as articulation, voicing, phonemic awareness, auditory memory, auditory figure ground and dichotic listening.
Registration Criteria: a professional degree, or degree candidate, in health care, education or other related area. Requests for exceptions to this criterion are considered on an individual basis.
.9 AOTA CEUs or 9 Contact Hours
|Fri, June 21 – 12pm ET (11am CT, 10am MT, 9am, PT)
||Request a reminder|
Course Description and Outcomes: The Interactive Language Program Course provides an in-depth look at the iLs Interactive Language Program (ILP), including how to use the equipment and how to integrate the ILP with iLs Focus and iLs Pro programs. The ILP works to develop auditory processing and functional language skills. Upon successful completion of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Set up and use the ILP equipment: amplifier, microphone, bone conduction headphones and auditory processing activities loaded onto the iPod Touch.
- Integrate the functional language activities of the ILP into their practice as well as with other iLs equipment (the iLs Focus and/or Pro System).
- Customize programs to achieve therapeutic objectives.
V. Home Supervision Training Course (HSTC)
Registration Criteria: (1) successful completion of the Practitioner Training Course (PTC) or the Distance Practitioner Training Course (DPTC), (2) an undergraduate degree or equivalent in health care, education or other related area, and (3) two years of experience in the learner’s field. Requests for exceptions to these criteria are considered on an individual basis. To register for a course, click on a date below.
Thursday, June 6 12pm ET (11am CT, 10am MT, 9am PT)
Wednesday, June 12 8pm ET (7pm CT, 6pm MT, 5pm PT)
Wednesday, June 12 9pm ET (8pm CT, 7pm MT, 6pm PT)
Thursday, June 27 2pm ET (1pm CT, 12pm MT, 11am PT)
Home programs require organization and compliance. This 45-minute webinar for professionals focuses on tools and techniques for overseeing your clients’ home use; it is a pre-requisite for joining the iLs Equipment Rental Program.
Upon completion of this 1-hour professional development webinar, you will be able to:
- Explain when use of iLs at home is applicable
- List at least three ways a scheduling/tracking document can be shared
- Explain to a client how the Home Rental Program works
- Name at least three ‘keys to success’ for Home Supervision
iLs training is for certified professionals and assistants in the
Speech and Language Therapy, Audiology, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Education, Medicine & Nursing, Psychology, Psychiatry, Counseling, ADHD Coaching, Neurofeedback Therapy, Naturopathy, Athletic Training, Other areas of Therapy and Health Care
Australia & New Zealand
For training and equipment in Australia, please contact iLs distributor Sound Learning Systems.
Sound Learning Systems – Head Office – A.C.T.
51 Learmonth Drive, Kambah
ACT 2902, Australia.
Tel: +61 2 6231 9111
Tel 2: +0411 262 964
Fax: +61 2 6231 9195
For training and equipment in the Netherlands, please contact Marlène Potjer at Braintherapie.
1402 NN, Bussum, Netherlands
iLs is an American Occupational Therapy Association Approved Provider of continuing education. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.