All courses are designed for professionals working with children and adults in the areas of learning & attention difficulties, sensory integration, auditory processing and the autism spectrum.
- Practitioner Training Course (PTC)
- Distance Practitioner Training Course (DPTC)
- Level 2 Practitioner Training Course (L2PTC)
- Interactive Language Program Course (ILPC)
- Home Supervision Training Course (HSTC)
PRICING: For course pricing, group discounts, etc.: contact us
I. Practitioner Training Course (PTC)
Registration Criteria:undergraduate degree or equivalent in health care, education or other related area. Requests for exceptions to this criterium are considered on an individual basis.
To register for a course, click on the location on the training schedule.
Course Content & Objectives
- Understanding the key elements that inform iLs methodology
- Reviewing relevant neuro-anatomy of the ear, brain and nervous system
- Hands-on practicum for the auditory, visual and balance components of iLs
- Discussion of iLs’ music processing and program design
- Case study practice in combining programs and individualizing iLs
- Review of clinical assessment tools for program selection
- Integrating iLs into a clinical practice or school setting, including home use
FOR 2013 & 2014 PRACTITIONER TRAINING DATES, SEE RIGHT SIDEBAR.
II. Distance Practitioner Training Course (DPTC)
Registration Criteria: undergraduate degree or equivalent in health care, education or other related area. Requests for exceptions to this criterium are considered on an individual basis.
Course Content & Process: The DPTC content is the same as the PTC with the exception of the hands-on practice. The process of the DPTC is as follows:
1. Trainee registers online and is able to download the training materials immediately via the registration confirmation e-mail. Study materials will be mailed to trainees within the US and Canada. The DPTC registration is valid for one year.
2. Trainee completes the reading, watches the videos and completes the written quiz.
3. Trainee sends completed quiz to iLs by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (303-399-3418) and selects a DPTC webinar date (which are available on the Pre-Course Materials Page). The webinar will take approximately 3 hours and utilizes Adobe Connect.
4. After successfully completing the DPTC, the trainee becomes an iLs Associate and will be sent a certificate of completion as well as access to the Associate store, with access to exclusive content and ability to purchase iLs systems.
III. Level 2 Practitioner Training Course (L2PTC)
Registration Criteria: (1) successful completion of the Practitioner Training Course (PTC) or the Distance Practitioner Training Course (DPTC), and use of the iLs Total Focus System for at least six months, or, (2) completion of the Advanced Practitioner Training Course (APTC).
After successful completion of this two-day course you will be able to:
- Deliver greater bone conduction levels and incorporate left/right lateralization through the Pro Amplifier*
- Determine an appropriate phase length for individualized programs
- Adjust the length of a program based on the premise of the four phases
- Incorporate the Interactive Language Program with clients, regardless of age, language skills or native language
*The Pro Amplifier may be purchased after completion of the course to use in conjunction with a Total Focus System.
To register for a course, click on the location name below.
2014 Level 2 Practitioner Training Course Dates
|Redmond, WA, April 25 – 26, 2014||Request a reminder|
|New York, NY – TBD||Request a reminder|
|Houston, TX – TBD||Request a reminder|
|Boston, MA – TBD||Request a reminder|
|San Francisco, CA – TBD||Request a reminder|
|Denver, CO – TBD||Request a reminder|
IV. Interactive Language Program Course (ILPC)
The Interactive Language Program is designed to help children and adults improve speech, language and auditory processing skills, such as articulation, voicing, phonemic awareness, auditory memory, auditory figure ground and dichotic listening.
Registration Criteria: a professional degree, or degree candidate, in health care, education or other related area. Requests for exceptions to this criterion are considered on an individual basis.
5 Contact Hours or 5 CAS Hours or .5 AOTA CEUs
|Mon, March 17, 1:30 pm EST (12.30pm CT, 11.30am MT, 10.30am PT)||Request a reminder|
Course Description and Outcomes: The Interactive Language Program Course provides an in-depth look at the iLs Interactive Language Program (ILP), including how to use the equipment and how to integrate the ILP with iLs Focus and iLs Pro programs. The ILP works to develop auditory processing and functional language skills. Upon successful completion of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Set up and use the ILP equipment: amplifier, microphone, bone conduction headphones and auditory processing activities loaded onto the iPod Touch.
- Integrate the functional language activities of the ILP into their practice as well as with other iLs equipment (the iLs Focus and/or Pro System).
- Customize programs to achieve therapeutic objectives.
V. Home Supervision Training Course (HSTC)
Registration Criteria: (1) successful completion of the Practitioner Training Course (PTC) or the Distance Practitioner Training Course (DPTC), (2) an undergraduate degree or equivalent in health care, education or other related area, and (3) two years of experience in the learner’s field. Requests for exceptions to these criteria are considered on an individual basis. To register for a course, click on a date below.
|Wed, March 19, 2014, 5pm ET (4pm CT, 3pm MT, 2pm PT)||Request a reminder|
Home programs require organization and compliance. This 45-minute webinar for professionals focuses on tools and techniques for overseeing your clients’ home use; it is a pre-requisite for joining the iLs Equipment Rental Program.
Upon completion of this 1-hour professional development webinar, you will be able to:
- Explain when use of iLs at home is applicable
- List at least three ways a scheduling/tracking document can be shared
- Explain to a client how the Home Rental Program works
- Name at least three ‘keys to success’ for Home Supervision
iLs training is for certified professionals and assistants in the
Speech and Language Therapy, Audiology, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Education, Medicine & Nursing, Psychology, Psychiatry, Counseling, ADHD Coaching, Applied Behavioral Analysis, DIR Floortime, RDI, Neurofeedback Therapy, Naturopathy, Athletic Training, Other areas of Therapy and Health Care
Australia & New Zealand
For training and equipment in Australia, please contact iLs distributor Sound Learning Systems.
Sound Learning Systems – Head Office – A.C.T.
51 Learmonth Drive, Kambah
ACT 2902, Australia.
Tel: +61 2 6231 9111
Tel 2: +0411 262 964
Fax: +61 2 6231 9195
For training and equipment in the Netherlands, please contact Marlène Potjer at Braintherapie.
1402 NN, Bussum, Netherlands
iLs is an American Occupational Therapy Association Approved Provider of continuing education. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
iLs is an International Institute of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standard; Certified Autism Specialist Credential approved provider.
Level 2 Practitioner Training Course (L2PTC)